In the wake of the unabated resurgence of new Covid-19cases in the country and particularly in the national capital, the Delhi ChiefMinister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday declared a six-day lockdown starting from 10pm tonight till 6 am on April 26.
Kejriwal made this announcement during his live addresson television in which he said the fourth wave of the covid19 is more deadlyand has brought the healthcare services to the brink of collapse.
In the morning, Rajasthan government announced 15-daylockdown in the state in view of the increasing covid19 cases.
Arvind Kejriwal said, "In order to prevent a totalcollapse, LG Anil Baijal and I took this decision. And in this duration,essential services will be allowed and more beds will also be set up”.
As the city logged around 23,000 coronavirus cases in thelast 24 hours, Kejriwal and Baijal held a meeting earlier in the day to discussthe overall situation.
"I won't say our health system has collapsed but itis at an alarming stage due to the resurgence," Kejriwal further said,adding the overall situation in the city was critical.
On Sunday, he had stated that less than 100 ICU beds wereavailable in Delhi and there was a shortage of Oxygen too in Delhi's hospitals.He even claimed that Delhi’s oxygen supply is being diverted to other statesand the centre government must intervene in the matter and help the Delhigovernment.
Sisodia and Jain visited several government hospitalstill late night on Sunday.
Delhi on Sunday reported over 25,000 new cases.Meanwhile, the India’s overall covid tally crossed 1.5cr with 2.73 lakh newcovid cases reported in the last 24 hours.