Just before three days of Delhi elections, PM Modi personally announced the formation of an independent 15-member Trust to oversee the construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya.
The Trust was named 'Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teertha Kshetra' and shortly after the announcement, the Union Cabinet presided by him gave its approval.
As per reports, there will be a total of 15 members in the trust -- 9 permanent and 6 nominated members - in the Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teertha Kshetra Trust which will take decisions related to the construction of the temple. The central government has formulated nine guidelines on which the trust will work.
The 9 Guidelines Are:
1. The permanent office of the Trust will be discussed in the first meeting of Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teertha Kshetra. The Trust will work from the R-20, Greater Kailash Part-1 where the roadmap for the construction of the Ram temple and work ahead will be discussed.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi said in the Parliament that the Trust will be completely free to take every decision related to the construction of Ram temple. It will also have to arrange all facilities for devotees such as kitchen, gaushala, museum and sarai.
3. Trustees can legally accept donations, grants, immovable property and assistance from any person, an institution for facilities and temple construction. Apart from this, the trust can also take a loan.
4. The board of trustees will appoint one trustee as president-managing trustee, who will preside over meetings. At the same time, the general secretary and treasurer will also be appointed.
5. The trust will decide on investment for existing funds for the construction of Ram temple. Investment for the temple will be in the name of the trust.
6. The donations received for the Ram temple will be used only for the work of the trust. This money will not be used for any other work.
7. Trustees will not have the right to sell immovable property associated with Ram Mandir trust.
8. Trust will have to keep account of donations and expenses received for Ram Temple. Balance sheets will be created and trust's accounts will be audited.
9. There is no provision of salary for the members of the Ram Mandir trust, but the expenses incurred during the journey will be paid by the trust.