Bank Holidays in October 2022: Banking Services to remain suspended for 21 days in October, Check the state-wise full list
As scheduled Banks will remain shut for over 21 days next month owing to multiple festivals in different states lined up along with the weekends-
October holds an important place among the Indians, as the month sets in people turn their festive mode on with utmost zeal and fervor and grace numerous festivals right from day 1 till the month’s end.
With festivals, the month brings along holidays and so it becomes important for you to know about your scheduling for official purposes and banking services, wherein this month brings along a total of 21 holidays cumulatively on different days in different states, including weekends.
Here is the complete list of holidays that are scheduled for the month coming ahead, with strong advice to customers to plan their bank-related purposes accordingly.
• October 1 (Saturday): - Half yearly closing- Banking services to remain suspended in Sikkim owning to half yearly closing of bank accounts.
• October 2 (Sunday): - Gandhi Jayanti- National holiday.
• October 3 (Monday): - Durga Puja (Maha Ashtami) Banks are closed in Tripura, Orissa, Sikkim, Manipur, Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Meghalaya, and Kerala.
• October 4 (Tuesday): - Dussehra (Maha Navami)/Ayudha pooja Banks to remain closed in Agartala, Karnataka, Orissa, Sikkim, Kerala, Maharashtra, Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, and Meghalaya.
• October 5 (Wednesday): - Durga Puja/Dussehra (Vijaya Dashmi)/Janmotsav of Srimanta Sankardeva- Banks are closed in all states except Manipur.
• October 6 (Thursday): - Durga Puja- Banks are closed in Gangtok, Sikkim.
• October 7 (Friday): - Durga Puja- Banks are closed in Gangtok, Sikkim.
• October 8 (Saturday): - Milad-i-Sherif/Eid-i-Milad-ul-Nabi (Birthday of Prophet Muhammed) Banks to remain closed along with being the month’s Second Saturday.
• October 9: - Sunday
• October 13 (Thursday): - Karva Chauth- Banks are closed in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
• October 14 (Friday): - Friday following Eid-i-Milad-ul-Nabi- Banks are closed in Jammu and Srinagar.
• October 16: Sunday
• October 22: - Fourth Saturday
• October 23: - Sunday
• October 24 (Monday): - Kali Puja/Deepavali/Diwali (Laxmi Pujan)/Naraka Chaturdashi- Banks in India to remain closed barring Sikkim, Telangana, and Manipur.
• October 25 (Tuesday): - Laxmi Puja/Deepawali Banks will remain closed in Sikkim, Telangana, Manipur, and Rajasthan.
• October 26 (Wednesday): - Govardhan Pooja/Vikram Samvant New Year Day/Bhai Bij/Bhai Duj/Diwali Banks are closed in Gujarat, Maharastra, Karnataka, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Jammu, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, and Srinagar.
• October 27 (Thursday): Bhaidooj/Chitragupt Jayanti/Laxmi Puja/Deepawali/Ningol Chakkouba- Banks are closed in Sikkim, Manipur, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh.
• October 30: - Sunday
• October 31 (Monday): Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s Birthday/Surya Pashti Dala Chhath (Morning ardhya)/Chhath Puja- Banks are closed in Gujarat, Bihar, and Jharkhand.