Children’s Day 2021: Speech ideas to Significance to Quotes, here all about the day
Every year, the nation celebrates Children’s Day on November 14 on the birth anniversary of India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.Author : Divyanshi Soni
On November 14 the Children’s Day is celebrated across the country, annually. The day is celebrated on the birth anniversary of India’s first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, who was fondly called Chacha Nehru by the children. He shared a friendly and special bond with kids and he was equally loved by them as well.
The day is also celebrated to raise awareness against various problems, including child abuse, child trafficking etc. The day also highlights child rights and the importance of education (for every child).
Children’s Day: Speech Ideas
On this day, schools and academic institutes organise various activities for the students, like drama, speeches, quizzes, fancy dress etc. So today, we Truescoop have brought some speech ideas, which would definitely help you to write an amazing one on this Children’s Day:
While preparing the speech remember the below-mentioned points:
1.) Start your speech by greeting each and everyone present to hear your speech.
2.) First of all, introduce Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and write/ tell why he is called Chacha Nehru.
3.) Then mention his achievements as the first Prime Minister of the independent country.
4.) Focus on his love towards children and his contributions towards them.
5.) You may, in some points, mention why we celebrate the day on November 14, not on November 20 with World Children’s Day.
6.) Conclude you speech by thanking everyone for their patience and wishing a Happy Children’s Day.
Children’s Day: History
In 1964, prior to the death of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the day was shifted to November 14. Earlier, India also celebrated the day on November 20 – the day on which World Children’s Day is celebrated.
Children’s Day: Quotes by Chacha Nehru
- “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”
- “Facts are facts and will not disappear on account of your likes.”
- “There is nothing more horrifying than stupidity in action.”
- “A language is something infinitely greater than grammar and philology. It is the poetic testament of the genius of a race and a culture, and the living embodiment of the thoughts and fancies that have moulded them”
- “Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you is determinism; the way you play it is free will.”