Delhi lockdown: Restaurants, Metro to operate with 50% capacity; schools, gyms, cinema halls closed
A yellow alert has been sounded in Delhi due to surge in Covid cases.Author : Priyanka Vinayak
As Omicron cases continue to rise, the Delhi government on Tuesday imposed lockdown-like restrictions across the city. The health ministry’s official tally says that there are 653 confirmed cases of Omicron variant across India. A yellow alert has been sounded in Delhi.
The Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal said after a meeting with top officials, "We have stayed above 0.5 percent positivity rate for more than two days. We are enforcing Level-I (Yellow alert) of the Graded Response Action Plan. A detailed order on restrictions to be implemented will be released soon."
"We are 10 times more prepared than earlier to deal with the rise in Covid cases in Delhi," he added.
Read here: what things are not allowed during a yellow alert in Delhi?
- Schools, colleges, educational institutions, coaching centers remain shut.
- Restaurants will open with 50 percent capacity from 8 am to 10 pm, whereas bars will also be open with 50 percent capacity from 12 noon to 10 pm.
- Cinema halls, multiplexes, banquet halls remain shut.
- Hotels will remain open but banquet halls and conference halls will remain closed.
- Spas, gyms, yoga houses remain shut.
- Sports complexes, stadiums and swimming pools will remain closed.
- Private offices will operate from 9 am to 5 pm with 50 percent capacity.
- Only 20 people will be allowed to attend weddings and funerals.
- Delhi Metro and buses will operate with 50 percent capacity and no one will be allowed to stand and travel.
- Restricted entry of devotees at religious places will be allowed.