Dr Pankaj Paul took over as president IMA 2020 on 12 th January 2020 at hotel president, police lines, Jalandhar.
His speech included the following:
1) Zero tolerance to violence against doctors
2) All issues against doctors to be addressed
3) All problems related to nursing homes to be managed
4) Women's' wing of IMA to be fortified
5) Burning topics like biomedical waste management, clinical establishment bill will be handled effectively.
6) Effective collaboration between Jalandhar IMA, Punjab State IMA and national IMA, hand in hand with Dr Navjot Dahiya, the IMA president Punjab president.
The meeting was attended by more than 400 members of IMA. The response was overwhelming.
The team announced was:
1) Dr Pankaj Paul - president 2020
2) Dr Deepak Chawla - Senior vice president
3) Dr Ashmeet Singh - Secretary
4) Dr Munish Singhal - Finance secretary
5) Dr Vikas Sood - Media secretary
6) Dr Nipun Mahajan - joint secretary
7) Dr Jungpreet Multani - Joint Secretary
8) Dr Peeyush Sharma - joint secretary
Many senior members of IMA were present including Dr Ravi Paul, Dr Vijay Mahajan, Dr SK Sharma, Dr BS Chopra, Dr Rakesh Vig, Dr Yogeshwar Sood, Dr Navjot Dahiya, Dr Bakshi, Dr Sushma Chawla, Dr Sushma Chopra.
Civil surgeons of jalandhar and kapurthala were present as special invitees.