Actress and Member of Parliament (MP) Nusrat Jahan tied the knot with boyfriend Nikhil Jain in an intimate ceremony in Turkey last month. Her reception in Kolkata on Thursday (July 4) night was a grand affair, unlike the close-knit wedding.
Here are 10 highlights from the star-studded bash:
1. Nusrat wore a maroon lehenga designed by Sabyasachi Mukherjee, along with traditional jewelry.
2. Nikhil's outfit was from Rohit Bal's collection. The groom looked nothing less than a showstopper!
3. The gala reception was held at ITC Royal Bengal. It was attended by the who's who of Tollywood. The entire hall was decorated with jasmine flowers, with live music entertaining the guests.
4. The hashtag #TheNJAffair was being used for the wedding festivities - the Nusrat Jahan and Nikhil Jain affair.
5. Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee attended the reception to bless the newlyweds. Many senior leaders of the Trinamool Congress (TMC), as well as ministers, also made their presence felt.
6. Nusrat is the first Muslim TMC MP to marry a Hindu businessman.
7. The Jain family had their reservations about the wedding, which was visible till the last day of the festivities. Nikhil's parents mostly stayed away from the ceremonies.
8. Nusrat is an MP from Bashirhat and the menu at her reception included the Mango Makha Sandesh, a dessert made with seasonal mangoes, which is the specialty of her constituency. The food was personally monitored by Nusrat, who is a foodie and loves fish.
9. Nusrat sported sindoor and red bangles, as per Hindu tradition.
10. Her close friend and fellow TMC MP Mimi Chakraborty was the perfect bridesmaid, as she managed the guests.