Gandhi Jayanti 2021: Significance, Background, Wishes, Quotes and More!
India celebrates the birth anniversary of the ‘Father of Nation,’ Mahatma Gandhi on October 2, every year.Author : Divyanshi Soni
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, aka Mahatma Gandhi, was born on October 2, 1869, and to mark his birth anniversary every year ‘Gandhi Jayanti’ is celebrated on the same day in India. Mahatma Gandhi is known as the ‘Father of Nation,’ because of his ideologies and contribution to the struggle for independence. Mahatma Gandhi was also called ‘Bappu,’ which literally means ‘father.’
He was a prominent leader and was known worldwide, this is one of the reasons that ‘International Day of Nonviolence’ is celebrated at the international level on October 2, annually because Gandhi was the man behind non-violent civil disobedience.
This year, the nation would celebrate the 152nd birth anniversary of the ‘Father of Nation.’ To mark this day a national holiday is given on the day.
Gandhi Jayanti: Why Gandhi Jayanti is celebrated?
The Jayanti is celebrated to pay rich tribute to the prominent leader who fought for the independence of the nation. It is believed that without him, India would not have been tasted independence.
He always followed the path of ‘ahimsa’ and ‘swaraj.’ People celebrate his teachings through various initiatives that can lead to the betterment of our surroundings, the city and eventually the country.
Gandhi Jayanti: Wishes and Messages
- It is a day of celebration. It is a day to value a special person, the person who will forever be the hero of our nation, who taught the world the lesson of non-violence. Wishing you a very Happy Gandhi Jayanti!
- G = Great, A = Amazing, N = Nationalist, D = Daring, H = Honest, I = Indian. Happy Birthday, Father of the Nation!
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. Happy Gandhi Jayanti 2020!
- Gandhi is not just a man. Gandhi is a priceless gem India will continue to cherish. We love our Bapu! Happy Gandhi Jayanti!
- Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. Happy Gandhi Jayanti!
- Anger is the enemy of non-violence and pride is the monster that swallows it up. Happy Gandhi Jayanti!
Gandhi Jayanti: Quotes
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
- “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.”
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.”
- “Service which is rendered without joy helps neither the servant nor the served.”
- “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
- “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
- “If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. We need not wait to see what others do.”
- “A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks he becomes.”
- “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”
Gandhi Jayanti: Images