Gurudwara Nanakmatta Dera Chief shot dead in Uttarakhand; SIT formed to investigate

Gurudwara Nanakmatta Sahib's Dera Chief Baba Tarsem Singh was shot dead by two miscreants who arrived outside the Nanakmatta Dera Camp on a bike

Punjab Trending India

Baba Tarsem Singh, Kar Seva Dera Chief of Nanakmatta Gurudwara in Uttarakhand was murdered on Thursday morning. Two miscreants who reached the camp on bike opened fire on Tarsem Singh with a rifle. He was taken to Khatima Hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.


As per reports, at 6:40 am on Thursday, two attackers reached the camp and after committing the crime, fled the scene waving their weapons. The entire incident was caught on CCTV. In this, Tarsem Singh is seen sitting on a chair, when two miscreants come on a bike armed with weapons. As soon as they reach Tarsem Singh, they stop the bike and shoot him in the chest with a rifle. While Tarsem Singh was struggling on thehe was still struggling, the attackers fired another bullet into his chest. And fled from the spot. After this Tarsem Singh falls on the ground.


Police force has been increased in the surrounding area due to the sensational incident. This area is close to Pilibhit district of UP. Apart from Uttarakhand, people from Punjab, Haryana, UP and other places also come here.


According to the information received from the servants of Dera Kar Seva, Sardar Tarsem Singh had gone out of the camp this morning for a walk. After roaming around, he was sitting on a chair outside the door. Then suddenly two bike riding miscreants came and opened fire on them. Tarsem Singh was seriously injured by bullets. His supporters hurriedly admitted him to a private hospital in Khatima where he succumbed to his wounds.


Administration officials have started investigation on the spot along with the Forensic team. It is being told that the killers have committed the crime with intricate planning. There was a bag tied at the back of the bike by which we had reached. The miscreants knew that Baba Tarsem Singh was seen there in the morning, hence the morning time was chosen.


DGP said that a Special Investigation Team (SIT) has been formed to investigate the murder. Local police and STF officers will be included in the SIT. SIT has been asked to investigate this murder case with high priority. He said that central security and investigative agencies have also been requested to share if they have any information related to this incident.


Both the miscreants could be seen fleeing on the CCTV footage. The attackers were chased by the kar seva workders who showed up after hearing the shots, but they escaped. Four people from the camp took him to the hospital where the doctors declared him dead. 8 to 10 teams have been deployed to nab the attackers.

View post on Twitter