Millets have stood the test of time and have long been favoured for their many health benefits. It is a traditional grain, very popular in the Indian subcontinent where it has been grown and eaten for the past 5000 years.
The primary reason behind such vast popularity of this hardy grain is that it requires a low amount of water and fertility as compared to other grains or cereals.
Kodo Millet Burger
What if you could binge on a burger and not regret? Here is a burger recipe that would help you do exactly that! Stuffed with a patty packed with ground Kodo millet, watermelon seeds, basil, parsley, coriander, mustard and cumin, Kodo millet burger has a tangy chickpea hummus spread on the buns along with lettuce and served with mouth-watering tomato salsa on the side.
Ingredients Of Kodo Millet Burger
For the Patty:
30 gm Kodo millet, 30 gm watermelon seeds, 3 leaves coriander, 3 leaves spring onion leaves, 3 leaves basil, 3 leaves parsley, 2 gm mustard paste.
For the Salsa:
1 tomato, 2 Tbsp of coriander leaves, A pinch of Salt, 1 Onion, 15 ml olive oil, A pinch of black pepper, 1 small leaf of spring onion.
For the Hummus:
50 gm chickpeas, 1 Tbsp of lemon juice, 5 ml olive oil, A pinch of salt, A pinch of chilli powder, 1 Tbsp chopped coriander.
For the Bun:
20 gm iceberg lettuce, 2 tomato slices, 2 pieces onion slices, 1 piece bun.
How to Make Kodo Millet Burger
1. Soak the watermelon seeds and millet separately for about an hour in advance.
2. Grind the millet and watermelon seeds in a fine paste.
3. To this add coriander and mustard paste.
4. Now add cumin powder
5. Add chopped basil, parsley and spring onion leaves to this mix
6. Add salt to taste.
7. Give this mixture the form of a patty and cook it on a non-stick pan till brown on both sides.
8. In a bowl add chopped tomato, onion, spring onion, coriander.
9. Now add olive oil, black pepper and salt to taste.
10. Your salsa is ready.
11. Boil the chickpeas and mash it into a fine paste.
12. To it add olive oil, coriander, chilli powder, lemon juice and salt to taste.
13. Spread hummus over the bun.
14. Now place the patty with slices of tomato, onion and iceberg lettuce.
15. Serve with the salsa on the side.
Enjoy a great balance of healthy and tasty with this amazing millet recipe to try at home.