IELTS Exam Fee 2022 - Check IELTS Fee Types, Payment Method and PolicyThere are several IELTS fees categories that you should be aware of if you are planning to attempt the test. Author : Guneet kaur
Planning to apply to some of the top universities across the globe? You must be aware of the different types of standardised exam scores required to study abroad. Applying from a non-English-speaking country like India needs the applicants to prove their English language proficiency to support their ability to study in an English-speaking country.
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is one such exam designed to resolve this purpose. Understandably, to attempt the tests, candidates must register for the IELTS exam and pay the associated fee. There are several IELTS fees categories that you should be aware of if you are planning to attempt the test. In this article, we have highlighted the different IELTS exam fees and other charges that all aspirants are required to pay.
IELTS Exam Fees
Before we delve deeper into the different charges applicable to aspirants wishing to take the test, let us first learn about the types of IELTS exams. The table below discussed the different test categories and their fee:
|IELTS Test Types||IELTS Exam Fees (in INR)|
|Computer Delivered IELTS||15,500|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration||15,750|
|IELTS Life Skills||14,600|
|Computer-delivered IELTS for UKVI||15,500|
Note: The table above highlights only the registration fee of different test types of IELTS exams as of 2022.
Additional Administrative IELTS Exam Fees
While candidates are required to pay the registration fees for the test, there are additional IELTS exam fees that apply to candidates wishing to avail of the other exam-related services by IELTS IDP India. The table below highlights these additional exam fees you may be required to pay:
|Additional Services||IELTS Exam Fees|
|Cancellation Fees||25% of the registration fee|
|Rescheduling Fees||INR 2,325|
|Additional TRF Fees||INR 250 per university|
The IELTS exam fees that have been mentioned above are subject to change at the discretion of IELTS IDP India, therefore, check this page or the official page for updates.
IELTS Exam Rescheduling/Cancellation Policies
If you, due to an unforeseen circumstance, need to cancel or reschedule your test, there are certain charges applicable to you. All candidates have the opportunity to cancel or reschedule their tests at any time, provided they meet the following criteria:
● If you cancel/reschedule your tests 5 weeks before the scheduled test date, you will receive a refund with administrative charges deducted from the IELTS exam fees you paid.
○ Commonly, this deducted amount is 25% of the paid test fees.
● You will not be able to reschedule your tests if you apply for the same within 5 weeks of the scheduled test date unless you provide proof of extraordinary circumstances that could not be predicted.
● Similarly, candidates can cancel their tests within 5 weeks of their scheduled test date, however, no refunds will be initiated towards the students.
● Candidates cancelling their tests within 5 weeks of the test but are able to submit a medical certificate outlining their need for the same will receive a refund with the local administrative charges deducted.
Note: Before applying or registering for any test date, make sure you keep your schedule free around the time so that none of your plans collides with the scheduled test date. While medical emergencies cannot be avoided or predicted, it is advisable to keep yourself medically fit and healthy to ensure the best chances of appearing for the test.
IELTS Exam Fees Payment Modes
As highlighted above, candidates interested in appearing for the test must pay the applicable IELTS exam fees. To facilitate this process, IELTS IDP India has provided several different payment modes for the test fees, as outlined below:
● Credit/Debit Cards: The commonly accepted and chosen mode of online payment is to pay the fees by credit or debit cards. As per policies, candidates can pay the respective fees via master or visa cards.
● Netbanking: Candidates opting to pay the IELTS exam fees online can also choose to pay the same via the netbanking option through any major banking institution.
● Demand Draft: IELTS IDP India also allows candidates to pay the respective test fees via a list of approved banks, in favour of “IDP EDUCATION INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED”, Payable at New Delhi.
● Bank Deposits: Those who are not able to pay the test fees via any of the options given above can also choose to pay the fees via bank deposits at any ICICI/HDFC branches in India. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
○ Step 1: Download a customised deposit slip from the official website or a regional office of IDP.
○ Step 2: Attach the customer copy of the slip along with the IELTS application form.
Note: The official website will highlight the list of approved banking institutions from where DDs are accepted by IDP. However, before registering for the test and paying the IELTS exam fees, it is advisable to go through the application policies highlighted by IDP, particularly those outlining the exam fees.
With the payment of the IELTS exam fees completed, you will have successfully registered and scheduled your test date. However, to decide the best date and time for the test, it is suggested that you consult a study abroad professional, who has experience helping students apply to their dream universities abroad.