Indoor 50 and outdoor crowd of 100 allowed; Night curfew extended till 25th January
Home Secretary Anurag Verma has asked all the police and administration officers to implement it strictly. Apart from this, the night curfew in Punjab has been extended from 10 pm to 5 am till January 25Author : Vaibhav Gupta
In view of the fear of spreading corona through election rallies in Punjab, the government has increased the strictness. In the order issued on Saturday, there has been a ban on gathering of more than 50 people in indoor and more than 100 people in outdoor. The outdoor count will have a maximum count of 100 and the crowd will not be able to mobilize more than 50% of the capacity of the space concerned.
Home Secretary Anurag Verma has asked all the police and administration officers to implement it strictly. Apart from this, the night curfew in Punjab has been extended from 10 pm to 5 am till January 25.
The restrictions that are still in place are:
1. Curfew to be imposed from 10 pm to 5 am.
2. Educational Institutes like school, colleges, universities to remain shut.
3. Bar, cinema, multiplex, mall, restaurant, spa etc to operate at 50% capacity.
4. Sports complex, stadium, swimming pool to remain shut.
5. AC busses to operate at 50% capacity.
6. Only those with double doses to be allowed inside private and public offices.
7. Non-maskers to not be given service in public and private offices.
New guidelines state:
1. Nursing and medical institutes will operate as normal.
2. Essential services will be allowed during night curfew.
3. Private and government offices to remain open.
4. No curbs on movement on National and State highways.
5. Educational institutes can be open for online classes.
At the same time, Corona is increasing fatally in Punjab. On Friday, 7,642 positive cases were found in Punjab, 21 people died. The most alarming thing is that 637 patients have reached lifesaving support in Punjab. Of these, 485 are on oxygen, 122 on ICU and 30 on ventilators.