Tamil Nadu's commissioner for revenue administration J Radhakrishnan on early Tuesday said that the body of two-year-old Sujith Wilson, who had fallen in a borewell four days ago, is now in a decomposed state. The process of digging a parallel hole to rescue the child has now been stopped and major parts of the body have been retrieved.
The funeral proceedings have started. The rituals will be conducted as per the Christian procedure.
Meanwhile, AIADMK ministers-- Vijayabaskar, Vellamandi Natarajan and Valarmathi-- have reached the spot.
In a press meet held outside Sujith’s residence, Radhakrishnan said that all efforts to bring the child alive had been done, but now in an unfortunate turn of event, bad smell has started coming from the borewell in which the child had fallen.
FUNERAL PROCEEDINGS BEGIN
The body of two-year-old Sujith Wilson, who was found dead in a borewell in the wee hours of Tuesday, was brought to Pudur for cremation.
CONGRESS, DMK BLAME TN GOVT
As people mourn the death of Sujith, the DMK and Congress blamed the Tamil Nadu government for the tragedy.
DMK chief MK Stalin said, "Had ministers shown interest in rescue operations instead of giving media interviews we could have reached Sujith in time."
"He Sujith could have been saved when he was stuck at 36 feet," Stalin added.
MK Stalin also questioned why the Army was not called in to lead rescue operations.
Meanwhile, Congress MP from Karur Jothimani said that despite the efforts put in by committed manpower, two-year-old Sujith Wilson could not be rescued alive due to "lack of a proper plan".
"Government and other authorities extended their help throughout the rescue process. Police, Fire tenders, NDRF were also involved during the rescue process. Some of the rescue forces came in very late because they were not informed on time," said Jothimani.
"We had committed manpower but the problem is that we did not have a very systematic plan layout. We couldn't make a decision on time as well," said Jothimani.