Update AADHAAR address from the comfort of home following THESE simple steps
Here are the different ways you can change your home address on your Aadhar card online-
The process of updating official government details such as changing official address, can be tedious one. Having to stand in long queues in government offices is no one’s idea of a day out on a holiday. However, it doesn’t have to be a hassle now as there’s no need to leave the comfort of your home to update the address. It can be done online, through the UIDAI’s official website for a nominal fee of Rs 50. Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Go to the official site of UIDAI: myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- To login, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number. After this enter the captcha code and click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number in the given space.
- Go to the Aadhar Update option and click on Proceed to Aadhar Update.
- On the next page, click on ‘Address’ and click on the option of Proceed to Aadhaar Update.
- Your current address will appear in front of you followed by an option change the address to which you want to update.
- Here you will have to fill the information of your new address.
- For this you will have to submit a document for proof of the updated address.
- After this check both the boxes given below and click on Next.
- Now the payment options will appear in front of you. Here you can make payment through UPI, Net Banking or a Debit/Credit Card as per your wish.
- You will receive a receipt once the payment is completed. After this your Aadhaar will be updated in about 30 days.
It is important to not that the address can be updated even without documents through the ‘Head of Family’ (HOF) route on the website as well. UIDAI also provides the facility to update address online in Aadhaar with the permission of the head of the family. Under this, the head of the household can approve the address of his child, spouse, parents for online Aadhaar address update. Anyone above 18 years of age can be a HOF. Here are the details:
- Submit the proof of relationship documents like a passport, ration card, mark sheet, marriage certificate, etc. They must contain your name, the person’s name for whom you are acting as the HoF, and your relationship with that person. If the proof of relationship document is not available, the resident who wants to update address details must provide a self-declaration by the HoF in UIDAI’s prescribed format. Any valid proof of address document will be acceptable in this case.
- Then, you have to pay a fee of Rs.50. After the payment is successful, the resident will receive a Service Request Number (SRN) and you will receive a notification for the address request.
- You will have to approve the request. Log in to the My Aadhaar Portal within 30 days of getting the notification to give your consent. This will ensure that the request is processed. In case you do not share your address, or neither approve nor reject the request within 30 days, it will become invalid.
- After you approve the request, the individual seeking to update his/her address will receive a notification about the request closure through an SMS on their registered mobile number.
This can also be done on the UIDAI’s official site as well.