Captain Dhoni's run-out; controversy over third umpire's decision
The night of 12 May, 2019 witnessed a nail biting match in the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium. Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by merely one run where most of the CSK fans had presumed CSK would definitely win. The doubtful parts of the match was Dhoni getting run out which was very close and invited a lot of controversy over the decision of the third umpire. Chennai Super Kings have now lost to Mumbai Indians for the third time in four finals.
• Shane Watson had hit a fierce 80, although his team didn’t win the match. The man smashed four sixes and eight fours.
• Jasprit Bumrah kept Mumbai Indians floating when their boat appeared to sink by his tidy overs and two wickets, getting rid of Dwayne Bravo and Ambati Rayudu.
• Malinga dismissed Shardul Thakur with a perfect yorker to proclaim the victory.
• The premier Indian pacer produced 13 dot balls in his testing overs.
• Deepak Chahar (3/26) was impressive once again and so was fellow pacer Shardul Thakur (2/37). The spinners, Harbhajan Singh (0/27) and Imran Tahir (2/23), too played a crucial role in limiting Mumbai Indians.
• Ishan Kishan was spot on with his direct hit and he just managed to get the better of Dhoni.
• Dhoni returned back to the pavellion after fetching a score of 2 on 8 balls.
• The dramatic out of the CSK captain caused much stir on Twitter. The big question still is whether Dhoni was out or not out. The same topic was trolled openly on social media.