A family had locked themselves for almost 15 months in a tent in Andhra Pradesh’s Kadali village because they had a fear of getting infected by COVID-19. The family was rescued by the Andhra Pradesh police. 

The family include 32-year-old Kanthamani, 30-year-old Rani, and a child, they had taken up the decision of locking themselves up when a neighbour died due to Covid 19. The matter came to the under scanner when a village volunteer went to receive their thumb impression so that they may get a housing plot under the scheme which was offered by the government.

Also read: In 15 months, World Bank Deployed $157 Billion to fight Covid19 pandemic

The volunteer then informed the village sarpanch, Choppala Gurunath, Ruthamma, 50 and others about this issue. "The family of Chuttugalla Benny, his wife, and two children, have been residing here. They were afraid of Corona so they locked themselves in the house for almost 15 months.  Any volunteer or ASHA worker who went to that house used to return as nobody was responding. Recently some of their relatives informed them that three people have locked themselves in that house and their health is in bad condition,” said Gurunath.

"Coming to know the matter, we rushed to this place and informed the police. Rajole Sub Inspector Krishnamachari and the team came and rescued them. Their condition was very pathetic when they came out. Their hair was grown without any grooming, they did not bathe for many days. We immediately rushed them to Government Hospital. Now they are undergoing treatment at the hospital," Gurunath added.

Also read: Explained: Why fully vaccinated Assam doctor contracted double variants simultaneously?

"Their matter came to light when our village volunteer went to their house to get their thumb impression as they were allotted a housing site. When he called them, they refused to come out by saying that they would die if they came out. The volunteer had informed us of the matter, and we rushed to this place. The family is staying inside the small tent, they even attended the nature calls within that small tent. We have shifted them to hospitals with the help of villagers and the police. Now they are undergoing medical treatment," the sarpanch said.

Sources said that if the family continued staying inside the house for even 2 to 3 days, they would have died.   


You Might Also Like