On Monday, the Government of India announced that all Indian citizens, above 18 years will be eligible for vaccination from May 1. The vaccination drive will be open for all above 18, regardless of comorbidities.
The decision was on 'Libralised and Accelerated the Phase 3 strategy of coronavirus vaccination' was taken after Narendra Modi's meeting with doctors.
The coronavirus vaccination will be free at Government hospitals and the private hospitals can transparently decide the price of the vaccination. Phase 3 of the coronavirus vaccination drive will commence from May 1, 2021.
Here's how to register for coronavirus vaccination through the CoWIN application:
- Visit the official website of CoWIN - cowin.gov.in
- Enter your 10-digit mobile number or your Aadhaar card number.
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile, enter it in the given space.
- Once you have registered yourself, select the preferred time and date.
- Get your COVID-19 vaccination done.
Essential documents required for Coronavirus Vaccination Phase 3
You will need one of the following documents for your registration, with a Photo ID.
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- Health Insurance Smart Card issued by the Ministry of Labour
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment
- Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) Job Card
- Passbook issued by Bank or Post Office
- Pension Document
- Service identity card issued to employees by Central/ State Government or Public Limited Companies
As per the orders, the vaccine manufacturers will deliver 50 percent of their Central Drugs Laboratory release to the Government of India, and the rest of 50 percent can be delivered to the State Government and in the open markets.
In the last 24 hours, the country has registered 1,761 COVID-19 deaths and the highest single-day spike, 2.59 lakh fresh positive cases. And now the tally stands at 1.53 Crore cases.