Covid Crisis: New Covid guidelines issued by Punjab Govt; Read to know details
Due to surge in cases, Punjab government has issued new guidelines.Author : Priyanka Vinayak
The Covid-19 pandemic is growing at a faster pace in India. The number of cases in Punjab records a massive spike in the last four weeks. According to the Health Department’s statistical model predictions, nearly 1000 cases will be recorded daily by January 5.
Due to a surge in cases, the Punjab government has issued new guidelines. These are as follows:
1. Social distancing and wearing of masks
a) Wearing of masks by all persons in public places, including workplaces etc. will be mandatory and must be strictly observed and enforced.
b) Social distancing i.e minimum 6 feet distance (do gaz ki duri) for all the activities shall always be maintained.
2. Movement of persons – night curfew (10.00 p.m. to 5.00 a.m.)
Movement of individuals for all the non-essential activities shall remain prohibited between 10.00 p.m. to 5.00 a.m. within municipal limits of all the cities and towns of Punjab. The district authorities are accordingly asked to issue prohibitory orders under section 144 of Cr. PC and ensure strict compliance.
3. Online teaching/distance learning to be encouraged
All Educational Institutions including schools, colleges, universities, coaching institutions etc. shall remain closed. However, these institutions are expected to maintain the academic schedule through online teaching. However, medical and nursing colleges may continue to function normally.
4. Prohibited/Restricted activities
a) All bars, Cinemas Halls, Multiplexes, Malls, restaurants, spas, museums, zoos etc. shall be allowed to operate at 50% of their capacity subject to all staff present being fully vaccinated.
b) All Sports Complexes, stadia, swimming pools, Gyms shall remain closed.
c) AC buses will run at 50% of capacity.
Also read: Covid Crisis: Know which city of Punjab has the maximum number of Micro-Containment Zones
5. Only fully vaccinated staff will be allowed to attend the Government as well as Private Offices, working spaces, factories, industries etc. 6. Principle of No Mask - No Service No Service shall be provided in Government or private offices to the persons not wearing a proper mask.