In Points: Assam announces complete lockdown in 7 districts
According to the government’s revised and consolidated directive the commercial setups, restaurants, shops will remain shut in both rural and urban areas.Author : Shagun
Assam government has declared a complete lockdown in seven major districts of the state on Tuesday. These districts will face round a clock curfew from July 7, Wednesday till further notice.
The decision comes as the state witnesses high positivity rate of coronavirus cases. According to the government’s revised and consolidated directive the commercial setups, restaurants, shops will remain shut in both rural and urban areas.
The seven districts to remain under strict lockdown are- Goalpara, Golaghat, Jorhat, Lakhimpur, Sonitpur, Biswanath and Morigaon.
Here are the details about the restrictions and what services will remain close.
The state will continue to follow the restriction and exemptions notified in the order of June 26, such as the odd-even formula for plying vehicles, declaration of containment zones, etc. Meanwhile, guidelines for some areas are specially modified by the government.
- Seven districts- Goalpara, Golaghat, Jorhat, Lakhimpur, Sonitpur, Biswanath and Morigaon will face all day and all night curfew.
- In these seven districts, all workplaces, business and commercial establishments, shops selling groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder, restaurants, roadside eateries and other eateries, sale counters, showrooms along with cold storages and warehouses will remain shut till further notice
- Areas with a moderate positivity rate will remain under curfew from 2 pm to 5 am. These areas are Sivasagar, Dibrugarh, Kokrajhar, Barpeta. Nalbari, Baksa, Bajali, Kamrup, Darang, Nagaon, Hojai, Tinsukia, Dhemaji, Cachar, Karimganj and Karbi Anglong.
- Districts showing improvement in positivity rate- Dhubri, Kamrup (M), South Salmara, Majuli, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Udalguri, West Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao, Charaidco and Hailakandi- will be under curfew from 5 pm to 5 am.
- According to official order, Sivasagar and Dibrugarh will be kept under close watch for a week.
- In districts with moderate positivity rate, all workplaces, business and commercial establishments, shops selling groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder, restaurants, eateries, sale counters, showrooms will operate from 1 pm to 4 pm.
- There will be a total ban on all government and public transportations in total containment districts. However, the transportation of commodities and goods must continue.
- In other districts, all public transportation authorities will be required to enforce Covid-19 appropriate behavior and seating within vehicles, carrying containers, and so on.
- Inter-district travel will remain suspended.
- Public gatherings are prohibited in total containment areas, while weddings and funerals can be attended by up to ten individuals in other districts.