Vicky Kaushal, the breakthrough sensation of Bollywood shared a picture, paying tribute to India 1st filed Sam Manekshaw on his Death anniversary. This is attracting all the attention for all reasons fair.
Here are a few facts about him
• Field Marshal Sam Hormusji Framji Jamshedji Manekshaw, MC, popularly known as Sam Bahadur ("Sam the Brave"), Sam Manekshaw was born on 3 April 1914 in Amritsar, Punjab
Manekshaw was selected as part of the first batch of cadets. Called "The Pioneers”
• Manekshaw proved to be witty during his stay at IMA. Commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the Indian Army, he first served in the Royal Scots and later in the 4/12 Frontier Force Regiment. During the Second World War, Manekshaw served as a captain with the 4/12 Frontier Force Regiment and participated in the Burma campaign.
• He went on to achieve a number of firsts: the first graduate to join one of the Gorkha regiments; first to serve as the Chief of the Army Staff of India, and first to attain the rank of field marshal.
• His decorated military career spanned four decades and five wars, beginning with service in the British Indian Army in World War II. He was a part of the 1947 Indo-Pakistani war, the Sino-Indian war, Bangladesh liberation war.
• He showed his strategic acumen during the 1947-48 Jammu & Kashmir Operations and later became commandant of the Infantry School before becoming the Colonel of 8 Gorkha Rifles.
• He was appointed as GOC-in-C Eastern Command where he handled the insurgency in Nagaland. He became the 8th Chief of Army Staff on 7 June 1969. During the Indo-Pakistani war of December 1971.
Vicky Kaushal, who already stole the hearts of the nation as Vihan Shergill in; is all set to paint the nation in all shades of patriotic once again. Kaushal is all set to play ‘Field Marshal Sam Hormusji Framji Jamshedji Manekshaw’
He took his Instagram and said “I feel honored, emotional and proud of getting a chance to unfold the journey of this fearless patriot, the swashbuckling general, the first Field Marshal of India- SAM MANEKSHAW. Remembering him on his death anniversary today and embracing the new beginnings with Meghna Gulzar and Ronnie Screwvala.”