Know all about world’s largest temple being developed in West Bengal
According to reports, the construction of this massive structure began a decade ago. This temple has seven floors and the world's largest dome.Author : Shagun
The world's largest Krishna temple is being constructed in Mayapur, 130 kilometres from West Bengal's capital, Kolkata. 80 percent of its development will be completed by 2023 after which the public can start visiting the temple.
The Temple of Vedic Planetarium, located in Mayapur, West Bengal's Nadia district, boasts a number of global firsts. The entire temple is nothing less of a modern-day palace, replete with the biggest chandeliers and cutting-edge technology that allows prayers and offerings to be broadcast live across the world.
According to reports, construction on this massive structure began a decade ago and more than two crore kg of cement had already been used. This temple, which is being constructed over an area of more than 6 lakh square feet, has seven floors and the world's largest dome, which adds to its beauty.
The 380-foot high temple has special Blue Bolivian Marble which adds the effect of western architecture to the Temple. It was built to spread Vedic culture and wisdom across the world through a scientific and authoritative presentation based on Vedic knowledge.
Key features of the temple
- This one-of-a-kind temple has a total of seven floors including the Museum Floors, Utility Floor, Pujari Floor, and Temple Floor. The Pujari floor is spread over 2.5 acres. It is the world's largest priest floor.
- The temple includes a garden of 45 acres and is built on 12 acres, covering a total area of more than 6 lakh square feet. The temple's kirtan hall is 1.5 acres in size and can accommodate 10,000 devotees at a time.
- The temple's design incorporates Makrana marble from Rajasthan, white marble from Vietnam, red marble from France, blue marble from Italy, and marble from Spain.
- Temple's budget is more than 800 crores. More than Rs 444 crore has been invested so far.
- Managing director of the Temple of Vedic Planetarium explains that “Our founder Aacharya Prabhupada wanted to build something that will attract the entire world to Mayapur. Mayapur had been the birthplace of Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu (said to be an incarnation of Radha and Krishna). He wanted that all the people should come and relish the Odharyabhav, the merciful form of Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.”