NIA chargesheet reveals name of terrorists involved in Pulwama Terror Attack
the agency has prepared a watertight case against the people named in the chargesheet along with all the irrefutable evidence,Author : Tanvi
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) in its chargesheet in the 2019 February Pulwama terror attack case has named terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) chief Masood Azhar along with other 19 persons.
The NIA, on Tuesday, filed the chargesheet before a special court in Jammu.
The NIA chargesheet named 19 people which included six Pakistanis. Among seven Pakistanis, Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) chief Masood Azhar was named as the mastermind of the February 2019 Pulwama suicide attack in Kashmir Valley, which had resulted in the killing of 40 CRPF soldiers.
The official said that the agency has prepared a watertight case against the people named in the chargesheet along with all the irrefutable evidence, including their chats, call details to highlight the role of Pakistan in the February 14, 2019 attack in which 40 CRPF troopers were killed.
The official said that this attack was a plot hatched by the Pakistan-based terror group to project the attack as India's home-grown militancy in Kashmir.
Those named in chargesheet are:
1. Masood Azhar Alvi, 52, Pakistani national
2. Rouf Asgar Alvi, 47, Pakistani national
3. Ammar Alvi, 46, Pakistani national
4. Shakir Bashir, 24, resident of Kakapora, Pulwama
5. Insha Jan, 22, resident of Kakapora, Pulwama
6. Peer Tariq Ahmed Shah, 53, resident of Kakapora, Pulwama
7. Waiz-ul-Islam, 20, resident of Srinagar
8. Mohd Abbas Rather, 31, resident of Kakapura, Pulwama
9. Bilal Ahmed Kuchhey, 28, resident of Hajibal, Lalhar, Pulwama
10. Mohd Iqbal Rather, 25, resident of Charar-e-Shareef, Budgam
11. Mohd Ismail, 25, Pakistani national
12. Sameer Ahmad Dar, 22, resident of Kakapora, Pulwama
13. Ashaq Ahmed Nengroo, 33, resident of Rajpura, Pulwama
14. Adil Ahmed Dar, 21, resident of Kakapora, Pulwama
15. Muhammad Umar Farooq, 24, Pakistani national
16. Mohd Kamran Ali, 25, Pakistani national
17. Sajjad Ahmed Bhat, 19, resident of Bijbehera, Anantnag
18. Mudasir Ahmad Khan, 24, resident of Awantipura
19. Qari Yasir, Pakistani national
Earlier, the NIA found that Rather was in constant touch with the Pakistan-based leadership of the JeM and was in communication with them over secure messaging applications and was also part of the transportation module of the terrorist organization.