PM Modi Cabinet revamp: Full list of ministers with the portfolios they got
Notably, the latest sworn-in ceremony took place in the Darbar Hall of the Rashtrapati Bhawan on July 7 in which 28 leaders took oath as minister of states.Author : Tanvi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi government on Wednesday witnessed a significant revamp as new young faces were inducted into the Cabinet followed by an unpredictable drop of 12 ministers.
In the new Cabinet, 43 ministers were inducted along with the elevation of seven ministers of states including Anurag Thakur, Kiren Rijiju, G Kishan Reddy, RK Singh, Mansukh Mandaviya, Hardeep Singh Puri and Parshottam Rupala.
Notably, the latest sworn-in ceremony took place in the Darbar Hall of the Rashtrapati Bhawan on July 7 in which 28 leaders took oath as minister of states. A total of 15 Cabinet ministers including some new faces were also inducted. This took the overall strength of the Union Cabinet to 78 including the prime minister.
The latest revamp has also brought 7 more women faces as ministers of state. These include Karandlaje, Darshana Vikram Jardosh, Lekhi, Annpurna Devi, Pratima Bhoumik, Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar, and Anupriya Singh Patel. With this, there are a total of 11 women in the Union Cabinet including Nirmala Sithraman, Smriti Irani, Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti and Renuka Singh Saruta.
With the latest Cabinet rejig, the number of cabinet ministers rose to 30 from 21 and the number of junior ministers from 23 to 45. However, not all the junior ministers have been the independent charge, and they will have to assist their seniors.
List of ministers with portfolios:
Mandaviya- Health Ministry along with the Ministry of Chemical Fertilizers.
Notably, he will be assisted by the junior minister Dr. Bharati Pawar.
Notably, it will be a challenging time for the newly appointed Health Minister as the threat of the third wave of Covid-19 looms over the country. Mansukh has replaced Dr. Harsh Vardhan to take charge of this crucial portfolio.
2. Ashwani Vashnaw, a newcomer in the Cabinet, the Rajya Sabha MP from Odisha- Ministry of Railways and IT
3. Kiren Rijiju- Law and Justice Ministry
Scindia- Civil Aviation Ministry. Notably, this ministry was once handled by
his father Madhavrao Scindia, died in an airplane crash in 2001.
5. Ramchandra Prasad Singh of Janata Dal-United- Steel Ministry
6. Anurag Thakur- Information and Broadcasting Ministry along with Youth Affairs and Sports7. Sarbananda Sonowal- Ports, Shipping and Waterways portfolio along with Ayush Ministry
8. Dharmendra Pradhan- Education Ministry
9. Amit Shah- He is currently handling Home Ministry and he will handle newly created ‘Ministry of Cooperation’
10. Meenakshi Lekhi- Minister of State in External Affairs and the Culture Ministry
11. Parshottam Rupala- Dairies and Fisheries portfolios12. Hardeep Singh Puri- Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Housing and Urban Affairs
13. Pashupati Paras- Food Processing portfolio
14. Bhupender Yadav- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and the Labour and Employment
15. G Kishan Reddy- Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Development of the North Eastern Region
Notably, forty-four ministers took oath today during the first reshuffle during PM Modi’s second term governance. Earlier today, 12 high profile ministers like Ravi Shankar Prasad, Dr Harshvardhan and Prakash Javadekar resigned from their respective positions.