Ola Electric scooter sale goes live. Here’s a complete set of steps to follow while booking
The Ola Electric scooter S1 and S1 Pro were launched last month, with two variants S1 at ₹99,999 and S1 Pro at ₹1,29,999.Author : A. Gayatri
Finally, the Ola electric scooters are live for sale from Wednesday, a week after the firm had suspended its sale considering technical glitches in the building of the official website for buying live for customers. Those who have pre-booked the scooters can now complete the booking by paying the remaining amount and finalise the valiant and colour of their EV.
The Ola Electric scooter S1 and S1 Pro were launched last month, with two variants S1 at ₹99,999 and S1 Pro at ₹1,29,999, including (ex-showroom including FAME II subsidy and excluding state subsidies).
Announcing the sale on Twitter, Ola Electric CEO Bhavish Aggarwal said, “Ola S1 purchase is rolling out now! We’re opening it in the order of reservation. Look for your invitation email or check the Ola app to know when it’s live for you!"
Here are the steps how you can complete your booking:-
1. You can log into the Ola Electric website. Enter your phone number and verify using OTP.
2. Next you can choose the variant you want to buy. The options you get are the Ola Electric S1 or the S1 Pro. If you haven’t registered for the scooter yet, you have to pay a token amount of ₹499 to pre-book the scooter.
3. You can pick the colour of your choice amongst the available 10 variants. The option to change the colour choices from the ones you may have selected at the time of reservations.
4. Complete the payment. Depending on the variant of your choice, you have to pay the remaining amount. You can either pay the full amount or take a loan against the scooter. EMI for S1 begins from Rs 2,999 and for S1 Pro from Rs 3,199 per month for the S1 and S1 Pro, respectively.
5. Customers who prefer to purchase the scooters without a loan, have to pay an advance of Rs 20,000 for the S1 or Rs 25,000 for S1 Pro.
6. Ola Financial Services has tied up with several leading banks to help customers with financing their EVs, including IDFC First Bank, HDFC, and TATA Capital to help finance Ola S1. The firm informed that HDFC Bank will grant pre-approved loans to eligible customers in minutes on the Ola and Ola Electric apps, while TATA Capital and IDFC First Bank will prepare a digital KYC and then provide instant loans approvals to eligible customers.
7. Once the customer finishes all the purchasing formalities, a delivery date will be given. Deliveries will begin from October 2021 onwards. Your EV will be delivered home, directly. Within 72 hours of purchase, the customer will be notified about the estimated tentative delivery dates.