6 interesting facts about “Chota Dynamite” Ishan Kishan on his birthday
On his special day, Kishan got a special gift- he was handed his ODI debut cap. Ishan will make his debut in ODI against Sri Lanka in Colombo with IPL teammate Suryakumar Yadav.Author : Shagun
Born in Nawada, Bihar on 18 July cricketer Ishan Kishan turns a year older today. India's 23-year-old 'Chota Dynamite' is one of the most promising upcoming wicket-keeper batters in world cricket. The left-hander is renowned for his aggressive batting, which earned him his India debut in March 2021 against England.
On his special day, Kishan got a special gift. Today, on his birthday, he was handed his ODI debut cap. Ishan will make his debut in ODI against Sri Lanka in Colombo with IPL teammate Suryakumar Yadav.
Here are a few interesting facts about ‘Chota Dynamite’ Ishan Kishan
- He didn't take cricket seriously at first, but his older brother Raj Kishan encouraged him to become a professional cricketer.
- The Patna-born player, Ishan was never interested in studies. Also, he couldn’t maintain the balance between cricket and studies and was irregular in attending classes. His school, DPS, asked him to leave school due to an attendance shortage, which he unhesitantly did.
- Ishan Kishan was a part of a School World Cup when he was just seven years old. During the School World Cup in Aligarh, he was the captain of his school. His team, on the other hand, did not do well and was eliminated in the super eight stage.
- Following BCCI’s conflict with Bihar Cricket Association, Ishan Kishan's coach, Santosh Kumar, advised him to move to Jharkhand at the age of 15.
- When 17, Ishan was involved in a road accident days before the Indian team was to leave for the Under-19 World Cup in Bangladesh. Ishan was charged with careless driving and crashing with a rickshaw.
- The wicket-keeper batsman considers MS Dhoni and Adam Gilchrist as his idols. He is also a Sachin Tendulkar fan. Ishan froze when he first saw Tendulkar, but Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma encouraged him to speak with the Indian cricket icon.